Japanese rock band performs Kamikazee’s ‘Narda’

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice On August - 12 - 2012

MANILA, Philippines – A Japanese rock group has performed its own rendition of local band Kamikazee’s “Narda,” a song that is said to be about the Filipino heroine Darna. Uchusentai NOIZ did a faster, more upbeat version of “Narda” in a music video uploaded on YouTube on Tuesday. The video also mentioned that the band will perform in Davao from September 7 to 9, and at Function Room 4 and 5 of SMX Convention Center at the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City from September 15 to 16.

Zia Quizon Releases Her Mini-CD Album

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice On October - 8 - 2011

Her breezily uplifting blend of pop, soul, jazz and retro R and B is here to sway you away as Polyeast Records proudly announces the release of Zia Quizon self-titled mini-CD album. Showcasing her talent as one of OPM’s young singer/songwriter could probably go beyond being a daughter of the Comedy King Dolphy and OPM’s Divine Diva ZsaZsa Padilla because Zia is here to prove that she’s is a breath of fresh air in her debut album. Featuring her positioning single “Simple Girl” is notably one of her masterpieces since she started learning her craft.

Marie Digby also worked with Jericho Rosales and Sam Milby for “Your Love”

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice On September - 23 - 2011

She's a YouTube sensation that has received near to 20 million views up to now on her homemade video of her acoustic cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" back in 2007. During the past year, she launched her very first album Unfold, which broke in to the Billboard charts at #29 on its first week and created the hit single "Say It Again." Songs in the album happen to be included in top U.S. shows like ER, The Hills, Greek, Smallville and One Tree Hill. She followed it up together with her sophomore release "Breathing Under Water."

Bamboo Mañalac knows "No Water, No Moon"

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice On September - 23 - 2011

In one spin of the very awaited album in OPM rock this season, “No Water, No Moon”, Bamboo Mañalac's very first solo launch under Polyeast Records. There's no question that for him there will be life beyond his career being a frontman. Teamed with the top music artists in the industry, he offers his musical thoughts that goes beyond his craft and says “Nothing’s changed. It’s exactly the same pressure that I’ve always placed on myself. Whether in a band or going out on my own, or whatever I do. Just wanting to push, claw and climb.”

Charice to sing at 9/11 tribute game to be held in Florida, USA

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice On September - 9 - 2011

Charice is expected to perform during a football game that will mark the 10th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. In her official Twitter account, Charice confirmed that she will be part of the 9/11 tribute game that will be held in Jacksonville, Florida. According to charicemania.com, the fansite maintained by Charice's fans, the Filipina singer will sing the "Star Spangled Banner" and "God Bless America" for a match between the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars.

Filipino-Spanish Singer Enrique Iglesias

Posted by PinoyMusicChoice - ADMIN On Sunday, August 07, 2011
In this world today where it's quite acceptable these days to put a simple hyphen (Filipino-Spanish or Spanish-Filipino), just a simple hyphen to describe that a person has parents from two different countries, which they do for a lot of celebrities these days, he's still just a "Spanish singer" to the media of the entire world, and they categorize him and label him to whatever fits their preferred racial palette, which is often the eurocentric one regardless of what continent you are in in this world, so I'm gonna do something nobody ever does, especially in the racist eurocentric English and Spanish-language media in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Spain, which is to acknowledge his mother, grandmother, uncles and aunts, cousins, culture, family, people, and ancestors from the Philippines.

“Though I was born in Madrid, my being a Filipino is very strong in me,” says Enrique. “When I was growing up, my mom (Isabel Preysler) would always talk about the Philippines. She taught us the things that are very important to Filipino culture such as family, being hospitable to guests, and fear of God. I even remember the Filipino dishes she used to whip up.” - Manila Standard, March 18, 2004

Enrique Iglesias on Filipino heritage
Capital Radio
Interview with Rachael Hooper

R: We dragged him into our studio, which is rather cold, he had to put his jacket on, grilled him with your questions, that you guys sent in last night after hours. So without further ado let me hand you over to myself and Enrique Iglesias.

R: Enrique thank you very much for coming in first of all.
E: Thank you.

R: You did great tonight! Most people come in our living room they do three songs, you did eight?
E: No we were just screwing around see to get the sound right, but the audience was great they were very cute.

R: They were very excited.
E: Yeah they were very nice.

R: We've been giving the tickets away all week and they've been going mentalfor you. So it was so nice that you did that first of all.
E: And it was very laid back, so it's cool, you know. There was no pressure whatsoever.

R: Have you done that sort of thing before?
E: Yeah a few times but not a lot. Not a lot, I mean not for radio.

R: We just imagine that you'd play just huge screaming gigs, you know, as opposed 15 people sat in a living room.
E: No. I know but it was cool, that's what I said, it was laid back so there was no pressure. It's good to do gigs like that.

R: That's cool. Well we have a whole host of questions, which I can't ask everyone's, lots of people wanted to come to the gig tonight, but they couldn't come because we didn't have that many tickets, so I have some questions. If they're a little close to the knuckle they're not my fault, ok it's the ladies fault.
E: That's OK.

R: Here we go. First of all Brandy Mancini, she e-mailed in last night to Capital and said she would like to know the profile please of your ideal woman. The women in London are mad for you, can you tell them, please.
E: I don't have an ideal woman. The day I get married, that'll be my ideal woman.

R: They're all going to be ringing up now.
E: But I don't really have, I can't tell you that she's gotta be like this, or, I'll probably marry the opposite.

R: So do you find that you find someone and the person at that time is the person?
E: I think it's all about chemistry, if you like someone, you like someone and that you can't really control.

R: Absolutely.
E: And I'm like, I'm not very picky.

R: I can't believe that somehow.
E: Should I say that?

R: You have! So basically Brandy could be in with a chance there if she managed to meet you at one of your gigs in London. You never know, you never know! Melanie Brown also e-mailed into us last night, and she says she was lucky enough to meet you in London last January, when you were here. She's obviously one of your dedicated fans. And you told her that you speak, is this right, Tagalog? Tegalog?
E: Ah Tagalog.

R: Tagalog? So completely wrong then!
E: I was like, Tagalog?

R: What is it? And were you telling her the truth?
E: Oh Tagalog, no because I am part Filipino.

R: Yeah.
E: And in the Philippines they speak Tagalog, but I don't really speak Tagalog. Did I say I spoke Tagalog?

R: So she says.
E: No I don't think I, no oh maybe, oh I'm sorry if I did. I'm a stup~d li@r sometimes.

R: She was probably so overawed at meeting you, she just imagined that maybe happened.
E:Oh.

R: But I wanted to know what it was, because I never heard the word.
E: No that's why because I'm part Filipino.

R: Fantastic.
E: I don't look Filipino, but I am.



Stay Updated:
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PinoyMusicChoice
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/PMCTV
Watch us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/PinoyMusicChoiceOPM
Subscribe to RSS Feed: http://www.pinoymusicchoice.com/p/subscribe.html

Subscribe to PinoyMusicChoice by Email